Updates from Marti

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Yeah! June High School Summer Camp in the Julian Mountains!


Wow! God blessed me tremendously through this camp. This is now my third year returning to Camp Alandale, and I love to see how God uses this time to teach us about Him. This camp is a Christian camp that ministers to foster care kids who have been abused. I was the counselor for a young lady named Victoria. It was wonderful to sing songs with her, play in the pool together, and then study the Bible together. Since she was more comfortable reading in Spanish, we used her Spanish Bible for our studies. I must admit that my Spanish pronounciation skills are a bit rusty, but Victoria didn’t mind at all!

Victoria shared with me how she longs to be with her dad in New York, but she doesn’t know if he will take her after she turns 18. Also, she felt very comfortable in a Spanish church but now she must attend an English speaking church because the other one is too far away. This is part of the reason she has run away a few times from her foster homes. I encouraged her to trust God and be obedient to her foster care mom, even if it means that she can’t go to the Spanish church for now. I prayed with her that God would direct her to a Spanish church if it was His will, and that God would help guide her in regards to living with her dad. If you read this, could you take a moment and pray for Victoria as well. Thank you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home